Our Explanation of Accounts Receivable and Bad Debts Expense helps you understand the accounting for the losses associated with selling goods and providing services on credit. You will understand the impact on the balance sheet and the income statement using different methods.
- Introduction to Accounts Receivable and Bad Debts Expense, Recording Services Provided on Credit
- Recording Sales of Goods on Credit, Credit Terms with Discounts
- Credit Terms with Discounts, Credit Risk, Allowance Method for Reporting Credit Losses
- Writing Off an Account under the Allowance Method, Recovery of Account under Allowance Method, Bad Debts Expense as a Percent of Sales
- Difference between Expense and Allowance, Aging of Accounts Receivable, Mailing Statements to Customers
- Pledging or Selling Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Ratios, Direct Write-off Method
- Quiz: Accounts Receivable and Bad Debts Expense